This quick tip shows you how to use the brain to sell more.
The number one thing we hear from prospects, specially coaches and consultants is that they give those free strategy sessions and have a very hard time converting that prospect into a client. They then go on to blame people for not having money to buy or whatever it is they are doing to market those strategy sessions.
While the quality of the prospect you attract is a key factor, 99% of the time is your sales process that is not structured enough and simple mistakes done during the negotiation.
There are several ways to fix this and over the years we have a process that works really well.
Specially for 1 on 1 negotiations.
We have explained this in dept here. How to close more sales.
Negotiation is important and happens in different formats. Face to face, over the phone, to a group and on a website.
You need to become a master negotiator to become really successful in business and have a lot of fun while you sell.
The negotiation process has 4 stages. Believe me this stages happen all the time no matter how you are selling- talking to people or the copy of a website.
1. Find the broken windows.- Find (or if you are writing- assume)the real problems going in the mind of your prospect. It might not be what they think it is.
2. Join the Tango. After you know the problems, you know there is drama involved and you join the tango or the conversation going in their minds. This will create a connection with your prospects.
3. Incorporate mystery and rituals. You need to leave some unanswered questions and show your structure. This keeps the mind hooked to you.
4. Extract the wow. Just like in infomercials there needs to be a wow moment. Here you show the possibilities.
5. Tie the know. Here is where the deal gets done, you create a partnership with your prospect. If you do all of the above right, you don’t need to ask for the sale, but if the prospect doesn’t propose, it is up to you my dear to do so.
Want to go deeper into sales strategies?
All you need to do is check this sales strategies program
This post is from Seth Godin‘s blog. As usual to the point.
“Do a search on great jazz singer “Emily Barlow” in Amazon and you’ll find… nothing. That’s because her first name is spelled Emilie and Amazon gives up.
Do a search on Lord of the Flies and you’ll find tons of matches, but none of the top ones are for the book–they’re all for expensive annotated or educator’s editions. Broken search = no sale.
It’s extremely difficult to figure out why people walk out of your store, throw out your brochure, leave your site… but in fact, this is fertile territory for dramatically increasing sales. You won’t find what’s broken if you don’t look.”
Thought you’d enjoy this post.
Let me remind you that we have a webinar this week on Unconventional sales strategies and you need to register.
You cannot miss this one. Loaded with information and for those that attend live, prizes.
Discover how to sell in any economy and leave your competition eating dust.
Register now and write down so you don’t miss the live presentation
Unconventional Sales Strategies For The New Economy Webinar