A big step in celebrity based branding is to have a platform.
Why you need a platform?
Because you can get the message out, you can control the process, a platform allows you to position yourself above your competition, gives clarity to your message to the right audience.
A platform provides attention. Most people market today to get visibility but visibility without attention is worth nothing. Even worse, visibility without attention and a process you can control is a waste of time. The platform is your stage. We live in a very noisy World and just doing the things everyone else is doing is not going to take you anywhere.
A platform amplifies your message- Today with just one effort you can achieve massive Worldwide reach. Without spending thousands of dollars and reaching exactly the audience that you need to reach. This is extremely powerful. Your platform needs to encompass offline and online media but this today is very easy to do.
A platform provides the ultimate connection- Everyone talks about engagement but few know what it really means. With the right platform you can foster real conversations, interaction and a type of connection that is not possible without a platform. You create fans that promote and advocate for your business.
Words Have Power in Personal Branding. You probably know that but have your thought about the words in your site?
Text on your site can increase credibility and the level of trust and translate your company’s personality.
Don’t use just facts, tell stories. The brain is wired for narrative and will pain attention to stories more than data.
These are a few things that are important to tell:
- Give them the basic info on all pages of your site; address, phone etc
- Tell them when you started.
- What is the real purpose of your company? What is in it for them? Why should they care?
- Who are your partners and what are their values?
- Tell the whole story: why you started, how things were then, what changes you helped create.
The more you increase your level of trust the more business you get and the stronger your personal branding becomes.
When marketing online there is a lot more you can do other than testimonials to increase credibility.
Here are a few suggestions:
You want to show people a glimpse of your life, your values, things that are important to you and who you associate with.
1.Add photos of you with celebrities you’ve met in the past. They don’t need to be big celebrities, they can be local celebrities.
2.Add pictures of events you attended. Can be local networking, seminars etc
3. People in your company, their faces, maybe them practicing their favorite sports, with their pets. Things that create an emotional connection
4. You with your family, on the road, doing things you love.
Remember, people do business with people and they don’t want the corporate feel, they want real people with real passions.
Part of a celebrity based branding is to give glimpses of things you value and that are important to you and a touch of silliness every now and then.
Your brand needs to soar and captivate its audience. You don’t do this by only being visible.
We live in the new media and social media age and everyone understands that as entrepreneurs we need to be everywhere all the time.
In this process we work to achieve digital visibility and forget about being relevant.
Doing this we just become part of the noise and do not create any contrast to be noticed.
Remember, the brain likes contrast and this contrast is what separates us from the crowd. You don’t create contrast just by being visible.
In order for your brand to soar and captivate an audience you need a few extra things:
- An irresistible promise- By paying attention to you what will people get as an emotional reward? What is your cause, your purpose that they should care about? If you don’t have this clear and don’t know how to put this message out, you will not be relevant to your audience.
- a unique voice- Clarity and consistency in your message and its unique way of delivering your message.
- Appeal points- This is how you are packaged as a brand, how you put your charisma out
- A platform- You need to create and own your own media. The platform is what gives you visibility with attention.
- Consistency.- Nothing done once works. This is even more important with digital marketing. To be top of mind you need to be in their minds. Constantly.
Without these steps you will not be able to have a brand that soars and captivates your audience and all efforts of using publicity will be very weak.